Monday, May 3, 2010

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger

Squeezed in another card; this one is for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. Here's the inspiration photo:




And here's my card:






Sorry for the rather dim lighting - I'm trying to get this in before the Monday am deadline, and America's Monday morning is my Monday night. Crazy, huh? I incorporated several elements from the inspiration photo into my card: the blue pool water, the sisal rug, the leaves on the pillows, and the white of the furniture. I used Ashley Cannon Newell's ruffled ribbon tutorial for my ruffled raffia - really easy to do, but adds such fun visual interest! I stamped the leaves onto an embossed rectangle, then stamped a second image onto some scrap cardstock and cut out two of the leaves for layering. I needed a sentiment, but I didn't want to clutter things up too much - so I performed a little stamp surgery and snuck this tiny little sentiment into the corner. Ah, doesn't this remind you of a nice beach vacation?


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Martha Stewart Leaves, Hero Arts "All Occasions Messages;" Ink: My Mind's Eye Neutrals palette; Patterned Paper: K & Company "Urban Rhapsody;" Accessories: raffia, Cuttlebug / Rectangle Nestabilities, foam dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Love the scrunched ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely...that ruffle is great!!s

    ReplyDelete