Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Bellies

I've discovered a new obsession: Curry House Coco Ichibanya!



It's a restaurant specializing in Japanese curry - and can I just say YUM? Now, I had no idea there was such a thing as Japanese curry. But it turns out that it's one of the most popular dishes in Japan, originally introduced by the British navy, who mixed curry powder with their stews. It's sweeter than Indian curry, and rather like a thick gravy. At this particular restaurant, you choose your curry dish (I got the grilled beef), the amount of rice you want, and the spice level. Then there are all kinds of optional toppings, from extra meats to veggies, even cheese. Man, this stuff is good! Two bites and I was a convert. We ate till we were stuffed, and even jokingly considered going back for dinner that evening. Hmm, maybe lunch tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment