Monday, December 13, 2010

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: All That Glitters

I'm barely squeaking this in under the deadline for the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger challenge, All That Glitters. Here's the trigger photo:


And here's my card:


I noticed that the ring had sort of a starburst pattern of rhinestones, which got me thinking of snowflakes, which led to this pattern of rhinestone-accented snowflakes. I stamped my design using two snowflakes from a Pink Paislee set, then added lots of bling. The sentiment is heat embossed with Zing! embossing powder - that stuff is awesome! I considered adding a ribbon, but that took the card in a whole different direction, so I let the simplicity do the talking. 

A couple of tips:
  • This sentiment is actually part of a longer phrase; I simply made a few strategic cuts with an x-acto knife. Since it's a clear stamp, it's super-easy to just line all the pieces back up on my block if I want to use the full phrase. Don't be afraid to perform a little stamp surgery!
  • You're going to laugh at this one, but it was a "d'oh" moment for me - don't wear colored shirts when photographing rhinestones! In my first batch of photos, the rhinestones kept coming out pink - because they were reflecting my pink shirt. Oops. 
This card also qualifies for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Christmas (But no Red or Green!)
 
It's a cold, rainy day today. I really need to run out and get some groceries, but since that would mean literally running out in the rain (no car; too close to take a cab), I'm thinking that ordering in some fried rice for lunch sounds like a much better idea. Thank heavens for delivery!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Pink Paislee "Tinsel Town," TPC STudio "Christmas Phrases;" Ink: SEI chalk (turquoise, charcoal), Versamark; Accessories: Zing! embossing powder (white), small corner rounder punch, rhinestones, foam dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. chuckling about your pink shirt comment...LOVE your card...such a gorgeous shade of blue...teamed up with the grey & white...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! What a "glitter-ific" approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa!
    Well done!
    Congrats on the shout-out!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card :-) fabulous interpretation of the photo inspiration !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design, Lisa! And congrats for being Triggerific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh beautiful, elegant card.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, this is gorgeous! I love the blue and all that bling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tip! I'll have to pay attention next time I do rhinestones!! Awesome card as always! Gorgeous color combo!!

    ReplyDelete