Can you believe Christmas is almost here? Yikes! I still have so much to do! I made this quick card yesterday in between bouts of cleaning (my father-in-law is coming to stay with us for a few weeks, so we've been in deep-clean mode). I wanted to try out this Cricut diecut, and decided it would look even better with glitter. I used this super-easy method:
- Place dicut face-down on craft mat.
- Apply a large piece of packing tape to the back of the diecut, covering the cutout opening(s).
- Flip diecut back over, right-side facing up. The sticky side of the tape should be showing through the cutout(s).
- Pour glitter onto diecut. Cover with a scrap piece of paper and press down firmly in order to adhere glitter evenly to sticky areas. Tap off excess glitter, and voila! A glittered image without any messy glue!
1. Four shows that you watch:
2. Four things you are passionate about:
The NGO my husband and I work with here in China
Creativity in all forms
3. Four words/phrases you say a lot:
No barking! (to our Schnauzer)
你好 ("hello" in Chinese)
Coffee sounds REALLY good right now!
4. Four things you've learned from the past:
Home is relative.
You're stronger than you think you are.
You CAN have too much chocolate.
Go ahead and try "it" (whatever "it" is) - you just might really like it!
5. Four places you would like to go:
6. Four things you did yesterday:
Started cleaning up my craft area (but then...)
Made another mess in my craft area
Played around with my Cricut
Watched a movie with dh
7. Four things you are looking forward to:
Our wedding anniversary next week (14 years!)
Our trip to Thailand next month
My new Cricut cartridge that's in the mail
8. Four things you love about Winter:
Peppermint hot chocolate
Sidewalk hat/glove vendors
9. Tag four people to play along:
I'm actually going to leave this open to anyone who happens to read this blog. Just let me know if you answer the questions - I'd love to learn more about you!
Cuttlebug / Woodgrain Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink), Cricut / Joys of the Season cartridge, eyelet, packing tape, Martha Stewart glitter (peridot), Dymo labelmaker, woodgrain label tape