Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Deck the Halls


Can you believe Christmas is almost here? Yikes! I still have so much to do! I made this quick card yesterday in between bouts of cleaning (my father-in-law is coming to stay with us for a few weeks, so we've been in deep-clean mode). I wanted to try out this Cricut diecut, and decided it would look even better with glitter. I used this super-easy method:
  1. Place dicut face-down on craft mat.
  2. Apply a large piece of packing tape to the back of the diecut, covering the cutout opening(s).
  3. Flip diecut back over, right-side facing up. The sticky side of the tape should be showing through the cutout(s).
  4. Pour glitter onto diecut. Cover with a scrap piece of paper and press down firmly in order to adhere glitter evenly to sticky areas. Tap off excess glitter, and voila! A glittered image without any messy glue!
I've been tagged by the super-talented Cristina to answer a few questions about myself. So here goes!

1. Four shows that you watch:
    Bones
    NCIS
    Vampire Diaries
    Criminal Minds

2. Four things you are passionate about:
    God
    My husband
    The NGO my husband and I work with here in China
    Creativity in all forms

 3. Four words/phrases you say a lot:
    Meh...
    No barking! (to our Schnauzer)
    你好 ("hello" in Chinese)
    Coffee sounds REALLY good right now!

4. Four things you've learned from the past:
    Home is relative.
    You're stronger than you think you are.
    You CAN have too much chocolate.
    Go ahead and try "it" (whatever "it" is) - you just might really like it!

5. Four places you would like to go:
    Rome
    Paris
    Tokyo
    Angkor Wat

6. Four things you did yesterday:
    Started cleaning up my craft area (but then...)
    Made another mess in my craft area
    Played around with my Cricut
    Watched a movie with dh

7. Four things you are looking forward to:
    Christmas
    Our wedding anniversary next week (14 years!)
    Our trip to Thailand next month
    My new Cricut cartridge that's in the mail

8. Four things you love about Winter:
    Snow
    Peppermint hot chocolate
    Christmas decorations
    Sidewalk hat/glove vendors

9. Tag four people to play along:

I'm actually going to leave this open to anyone who happens to read this blog. Just let me know if you answer the questions - I'd love to learn more about you! 


Card Supplies:
Cuttlebug / Woodgrain Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink), Cricut / Joys of the Season cartridge, eyelet, packing tape, Martha Stewart glitter (peridot), Dymo labelmaker, woodgrain label tape




   


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cricut tips in your last couple of posts. Great card too! (Where does your woodgrain embossing folder come from, may I ask?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabbie card and loved reading about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you took up my "tag" challenge! Another beautiful card, too (that glitter technique is really clever). Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Lisa! I love your sticker sentiment and I really need to start using that woodgrain ip more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card! And, Happy soon to be Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, such a lovely lovey card!!!
    Ok, curious... can you read Chinese well enough to get by?

    ReplyDelete