Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Just for You"

Here's card #2 from my weekend crafting spree:




I modified a sketch from Card Creations "Quick & Easy" Volume 2 (p. 14). Pretty straightforward - punch 12 circles from patterned paper (more of that fab "Metro" digikit), attach to cardfront with foam dimensionals; stamp sentiment on cardstock, trim, and adhere to circles using very thin foam tape (for slight dimension). So easy to put together! 

Right now we're in the process of getting our visas renewed; luckily we have someone doing a good portion of the footwork for us, so we shouldn't have to trek all over the city multiple times like last year. Unfortunately, it means that for the next week or so we don't have any official papers to carry with us, and with so many visitors here for the World Expo they've been reminding everyone to carry passports/IDs at all times. At times they even do random checks on the street, in subway stations, etc. We've never been stopped, but I'll still feel a lot better once we have our papers back.

In other news, I'm waiting (not so) patiently for a package of crafting goodies from the States. I'll be getting a copy of Go-To Sketches; embossing folders; Labels 9 Nesties; stamps from SEI, American Crafts, Studio G, Basic Grey, and We R Memory Keepers; ink; a new edger punch... I'm going to be one happy crafter! Some of this stuff I ordered back in March, so it's been agonizing waiting for it to get here. My inlaws were sweet enough to put it all together in one package and send it, along with some of our mail (we use them as our permanent Stateside address). They put it in the mail last week, so we should be getting it in the next several days. I have to say, though, as much as I love getting packages in the mail, I really miss being able to shop at a real brick & mortar store. Think I could convince Michaels or Archivers to open up a store here in China?

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts "All Occasion Messages;" Ink: My Mind's Eye "Natural" palette; Paper: Songbird Avenue "Metro" digikit; Accessories: 3/4" circle punch, foam dimensionals, foam tape 

No comments:

Post a Comment