Monday, May 24, 2010


I've been playing around with the digi-kit I mentioned a few days ago; it really gave my mojo a jolt!  I made a little series of coordinating cards; here's the first one:

As you can see, I put my Nesties to good use on this card. I tweaked the instructions for the embossed cardfront from this post on Nichole Heady's blog. (Instead of one tan mat plus a cardstock shim, I just used two tan mats. Also, I've found it helps to use a couple of tiny pieces of tape to hold the die in place, otherwise you'll end up with a crooked imprint - trust me on this one!). The yellow layer was cut and embossed with a Nestie as well. For the label, I first stamped the label outline, followed by the sentiment, both with gray ink; then used a light yellow ink to fill in the label with flourishes. Last but not least, I added a tiny rhinestone to the flower inside the O. Each layer is attached using foam dimensionals for a little extra "pop." I made this card with a very special friend in mind - just a little something to brighten her day!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado "Maison Frames" (label outline), American Crafts "Enjoy" (sentiment, flourish); Ink: My Mind's Eye "Natural" pigment palette, "Sundress" pigment palette; Paper: Songbird Avenue "Metro" digikit; Accessories: Cuttlebug / Rectangle Nestabilities, adhesive rhinestone, foam dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment