Friday, May 21, 2010

Digi-Scrapping for a Cause

I don't know about you, but I'm always intrigued by crafters who are able to use their creativity to make a difference in the world. Last night I was doing some blog-hopping, and I stumbled across a digi-scrapbooking site called Songbird Avenue. Each month they offer a limited-time $8 digikit, and the proceeds go to support different charities chosen by the designers. Just how much actually goes to the charities? $7.47 from each kit! That's pretty awesome, if you ask me. This month's kit caught my eye right away - chic grays and yellows with a nice graphic punch. Isn't it yummy?



What really cinched it (for me) is when I found out that this month's selected charity is based out of our (stateside) hometown (the founder is a close friend of dh's family). They provide seminars, retreats, resources, etc. for victims of abuse, as well as training for those who work with abuse victims - I can vouch that it's definitely a worthy cause. It's really a win-win situation: you get a great-looking digikit, and 93% of your money goes directly to charity! This kit will only be available till the end of the month, so head on over to and check it out!

(Now, I want to add that I am in no way affiliated with Songbird Avenue - I just think they've got an awesome platform going and thought I'd spread the word!)

No comments:

Post a Comment