Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


It's a little surreal for me to be sitting here writing this from almost twelve hours into 2010, while most of my friends and family are still back in 2009. Hard to wrap my head around. As a child, I never dreamed I'd end up living literally on the other side of the world. I spent the first 12 years of my life in rural Missouri, if that tells you anything. One of my most vivid memories from childhood is of heading into my grandparents' pasture to pick up cow "patties" (why? to fertilize my grandma's garden, of course) and being chased by a small herd of cows. Not exactly preparation for living in a bustling metropolis of over 20 million people. But here I am, twenty years later, sending well-wishes from "the future," and wondering what happened to all those flying cars we were supposed to have. Life - it may be crazy, but it sure is fun.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Thank You so much for the sweet words on my blog and for the prayers! God Bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to catch up on!!! Aaargh! Life has been so hectic lately! When I read your title about how to lose 7lbs in two days my first thought was eat here in Morocco... so apparently there are some similarities to our wonderful overseas experiences. Ugh!! Now you know why I won't eat at McDonald's in Morocco! A near death experience like that is not quickly forgotten!

    It has been so awesome getting to know you and your hubby and ya'lls sweet story. Maybe one day our paths will cross- in person! I'll make sure to eat a Chick-fil-A for you, but only if you promise when you are back in the States next time you will eat one for me!

    Do you have a mailing address that I could send a little something to? You never know what I might find at CHA! Just send it to travelingmama@pobox.com if it's okay!

    Wishing you a happy and oh-so-blessed New Year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete