Monday, June 14, 2010

Mimosa Flowers



You know, SEI stamps are really growing on me. I like how interactive the elements in each set are - you can get a lot of different looks with just a few stamps. And what can I say, I'm a sucker for a good deal - their sets are all under $10! This particular set has an assortment of flowers, two sizes of polka dots, and a couple of sentiments. Here  I used the largest flower in the set (stamped a total of four times, cut to different sizes for layering) and the small polka dots. I love those polka dots! So easy to line up. See that little Labels 9 Nestie I snuck in there? This one was the perfect size for a little PTI sentiment. I can tell these dies are going to get a lot of use!

On a totally unrelated topic, did you know you can "bake" potatoes in the crockpot? It's so easy! Just pierce your potatoes with a fork, put in the crockpot (I stand them on end like a miniature Stonehenge), and cook on high for 3-4 hours (low 6-8). They come out perfectly "baked," and you don't have to heat up your whole kitchen by using the oven. Perfect for summer!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: SEI Mimosa, PTI Mixed Messages; Ink: SEI Bordeaux, Charcoal; My Mind's Eye "Sundress;" Accessories: Cuttlebug, Labels 9 Nestabilities, small corner rounder punch, foam dimensionals, rhinestones 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your card...the colors are wonderful and the polka dots are way too sweet...thanks for the crockpot tip!!!

    ReplyDelete