Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Lovely Day

I am having so much fun with my new craft supplies! I really miss being able to shop at brick and mortar craft stores, but I have to admit, it's a lot of fun to get a package of goodies in the mail. Kind of like a mini Christmas. Today I used another of my new stamp sets, Dear Lizzy "Whistle." I LOVE the flower in this set - it just begs to be layered with dimensionals!




I stamped the flower twice on pink cardstock, adding a houndstooth pattern stamp to one flower, then stamped the flower again on green cardstock. Next, I cut out the flowers: green flower - entire flower; pink houndstooth flower - without leaves; plain pink flower - center only. I distressed the edges of the layers with scissors, swiped the edges of the pink layers with cream ink, and added some detailing to the flower center with a white gel pen. Then I adhered the layers together with foam dimensionals. The scalloped square is cut from felt using my Cuttlebug and Nesties (I layered a piece of cereal box beneath the felt to help the die cut all the way through). The rest is pretty self-explanatory! I chose not to add a sentiment, as I felt this particular card could be used for multiple occasions. I just love how cheery it is!

Well, getting ready to go grab a coffee with my hubby. The perfect ending to a lovely day!

Card Supplies:
 Stamps: American Crafts Dear Lizzy "Whistle," Hero Arts "Houndstooth Background;" Ink: ColorBox "Rose Coral" chalk, SEI "Ivy," PTI "Vintage Cream;" Patterned Paper: DCWV; Accessories: Cuttlebug, Scallop Square Nestabilities, felt, Signo white gel pen, rhinestones, foam dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This is soooo pretty...love the colors and that bloom!!!

    ReplyDelete