Tuesday, June 15, 2010

CAS71 - Beecause



The SEI love continues with my latest card, created for this week's Splitcoaststampers CAS (Clean And Simple) Challenge: Things That Fly. I combined images from two different SEI sets for this one: the bee from Juliette, and the bracket frame and dots from Bridgeport. (Don't those dots remind you of honeycomb?) To create the layered label, I stamped the frame onto the backside of the yellow patterned paper and trimmed, leaving just the center, then stamped the frame again onto cream cardstock, this time trimming around the whole frame. The rest of the card came together with some simple stamping, foam dimensionals, and a small corner rounder punch. I've been using that punch a lot lately! I like how it gives a more subtle look than my regular corner rounder punch.

Well, I'm off to enjoy some English tv - we broke down yesterday and finally paid to have the satellite turned on. The dish came with the apartment, so we figured we may as well use it. And it's cheaper than the cable package offered through our apartment complex. I've got my Discovery and National Geographic channels, the mister has his news and sports - yep, life is good!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: SEI Bridgeport, Juliette; Hero Arts All Occasion Messages (sentiment); Ink: SEI Charcoal, My Mind's Eye Sundress palette, Brilliance Graphite Black; Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee Queen Bee; Accessories: small corner rounder punch, foam dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous work! Love the color combo...thought it looked familiar..I just bought a load of the Queen bee line with a gift certificate yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Lisa. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete