Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Inspiration

While browsing the internet the other day, I stumbled across MaeMae Paperie's lovely blog. Featuring modern, custom stationery and invitations, the blog is chock-full of gorgeous eye candy. I couldn't help but be inspired by this set in particular (more pics here):




Isn't it fabulous? I kid you not, I gasped when I saw it. Now, I'm not normally much of a purple girl, but this combo of purple and orange looked so fresh, I immediately pulled out some stamps and got to work. Here's my version:




I used my new SEI stamps again - the 2-step flowers were a perfect fit. I didn't have any jewels the right color, so I used two different sharpies to color clear rhinestones. I went with a "congratulations" sentiment in keeping with the wedding theme, but this could really be used for any number of happy occasions. I'm surprised just how much I'm loving these colors together, and I'm sure I'll be using this combo again soon!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: SEI "Mimosa," Anna Griffin "Darcey" (sentiment); Ink: Ink It Up lavender, orange, SEI charcoal; Paper: watercolor paper, American Crafts cs; Accessories: corner rounder punch, foam dimensionals, rhinestones, sharpies

4 comments:

  1. fabbie color combo...great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful! Those are two unusual but fantastic colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous inspiration! I completely agree! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, I'm so glad you stop by my blog because I get to find yours. Love your work and your blog!

    ReplyDelete