Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Little Fabulousness to Brighten Your Day



I made this card for last week's CAS (Clean And Simple) challenge on Splitcoaststampers. It was so easy to make, but I have to say it's one of my favorite cards. Just heat embossing on a one-layer card, with a little ribbon ruffle on the side (I knew the ribbon handles from that Victoria's Secret bag would come in handy someday!), finished up with a few rhinestones for extra bling. I  have to add, that Zing! embossing powder is FAB!

I've been in a contemplative / "must make pretty things" mood lately. (I know, it's a strange combination.) The creative juices have slowly started to flow again, and I've been brainstorming color schemes and card layouts. I'm so glad my subscription to Paper Crafts magazine finally kicked in last month! That Mar/Apr issue has been the springboard for so many ideas. Now, to just actually translate them to cardstock...

Of course, with the surge of craftiness comes the slightest tinge of homesickness. I see a new color-combo I'd love to try - but I realize I don't have any ink or cardstock in those colors, and no place here to buy them. I see a fabulous new stamp set, but the overseas shipping either costs as much as the set itself, or isn't even available. So, I do my best to make do with what I have. Which, in turn, forces me to be more creative, which of course is a good thing. But that doesn't stop me from doing a little online window-shopping now and then. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Card Supplies:
Versamark ink, Inkadinkado "Chandeliers" stamp set, American Crafts Zing! embossing powder (white), ribbon, adhesive rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment