Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sometimes It's No Fun Being a Grownup

Most of the time, I don't really think of myself as being all that grown-up. I try to avoid accepting the fact that I am "over 30." I think I'm pretty young at heart. But then there are some days when the world around me makes it very clear that I am an adult who has to deal with very adult issues. I become the shoulder to lean on, the source of moral support, and find myself giving advice when either possible option can only be qualified as messy. Sometimes life doesn't give happy endings; sometimes there are no perfect answers.

It's times like these that I feel every bit of my age. But then I find that strength that comes from beyond myself, and I know that it'll be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that you have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete