Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's Hobby Time!

For the past couple of months I've been feeling the itch to pick up a new hobby - but which one? I've always dabbled in crafty-type things; about ten years ago I flirted with crochet (made a scarf or two, but never really learned how to read a pattern), and I started stamping/making cards back in 2001. I've never tried scrapbooking, although the idea of starting an art journal really appeals to me. The biggest factor I have to consider in any crafting endeavor is the availablilty of supplies in China. For example, smooth cardstock is impossible to find - it all has a weird, visible "marbled" texture to it. Forget about chipboard, craft paints, inks, patterned paper, brads, stickers - they just don't exist. So I wanted something that wouldn't require a huge investment, with supplies readily available overseas. I finally decided on (drumroll please)... Embroidery! I found this little starter kit on e-bay:


Next I want to get this book:

We'll see how it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment