Sunday, May 1, 2011

5-Minute Card and Other Musings

There's something about a clean, simple card that makes me happy. This one took me literally just  minutes to make - I'm probably over-estimating when I say five. 


You could whip up so many variations of this card, using different punches / die cuts and stamps. If you keep pre-scored blank cards on hand, it goes even faster. Here I used a die cut, a text stamp, and a corner rounder punch. Bare bones basics.

I thought that in addition to a card, I'd share a little snapshot of day-to-day life here in Shanghai (you can click on the pics for a larger view). This is a street in what is colloquially called "Old Town":


Just a quiet road: a scattering of small clothing shops, a few pedestrians, laundry hung out to dry from upstairs apartments. Did you notice the lone skyscraper in the distance, between the two telephone poles? If you follow the street along its meandering curves, you'll find that it opens onto this view:


Isn't the contrast between old and modern fascinating? One minute you're looking up at tile roofs and lattice windows, the next you're gazing at a futuristic skyline. I love wandering around this city - there's always something new to see!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Teresa Collins "Posh"; Ink: ColorBox pigment "Antique Pewter"; Accessories: Cricut / Wild Card cartridge, small corner rounder punch, foam adhesive

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' the clean and crisp card! It's very FUN....thanks for sharing the pics...I always love it when you do!

    ReplyDelete