Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holiday Activity Countdown


Can you believe it's already December? I sure can't! This year I wanted a way to come up with fun little activities for dh and I to do each day of December up until Christmas. I found this adorable little cupcake stand at the market this summer, and I knew it would work perfectly for this project. I cut twenty-four 2x4" strips of holiday patterned paper and scored them to make 2x2" folded squares, then divided them between Seth and myself. We each secretly wrote down 12 activities we'd like to do, then placed them all inside the lid of the cupcake stand. Some of the activities are simple, like watch a Christmas movie or grab some Starbucks together; others are a little more elaborate. We draw one activity the night before (so that we have time to fit it into the next day's plans). It's a fun way for each person to get to do a little bit of what he or she would like around the holidays. I'm looking forward to seeing how the next few weeks unfold!

No comments:

Post a Comment