Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful


Today I'm thankful for so many things - I have a husband who loves me, a place to call home, family and friends who care about me...

I'm especially thankful that I've been learning the lesson of flexibility. Our Thanksgiving travel plans fell through at the last minute, so Seth and I were left to scrounge up a Thanksgiving meal on our own. With some trepidation and admittedly meager expectations, we decided to try out a restaurant near our house that was advertising a western Thanksgiving special - and it ended up being one of the best Thanksgiving meals we've had in China. Check out that pic - moist turkey, real mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce... even pumpkin pie for dessert! Not to mention the pumpkin soup, field greens salad, and tasty steamed veggies. Oh my, it was tummy-stuffing, heart-warming good.

Even though it was just the two of us sitting in a little restaurant in Shanghai, China, watching televised sports and listening to 80s music, it was a wonderful Thanksgiving. We're learning to make special memories no matter where we are, whether we're with loved ones or by ourselves. And I'm thankful for that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment