Monday, April 6, 2009

Oh. My. Word.


This book is amazing. It's chock full of vibrant colors and lush, lush fabrics. It makes me want to surround myself with fuchsia crushed velvet. Of course, I seriously doubt that Seth would go along with that. In fact, I'm pretty sure he'd hate it. But, hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Still packing; still loathing the packing. Our goal is to get everything packed this week so that we know what size crate to get. All that will be left out are some clothes and whatever household/personal items we'll need right away when we get to Shanghai. We have some things already there in storage (pots/pans, dishes, utensils, etc.), so at least we won't be starting entirely from scratch. What's great is knowing that we're planning to be in this new apartment long-term (long-term for us, anyway), so I can finally invest a little more time and effort into decorating.

The dog knows change is coming. He's seen the boxes and the luggage come out several times now in his short life, and as far as he's concerned it's never a good thing. This time he'll have to be in quarantine for a few weeks, which he's never had to do before. I just hope it goes by quickly; it won't be "home" until he's there with us. Like the saying goes, "Home is where your dog is!"

No comments:

Post a Comment