Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2 Challenges in 1

I've got just enough time to squeeze in one more card today; this one qualifies for the Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC58. Here's the color inspiration pic:


And here's my card:


This also qualifies for the Simplicity OLW31 Challenge, which is to create a one-layer card using a technique or product that got you hooked on stamping. I decided to go with 2-step stamping, since the very first set of stamps I bought was a gorgeous 2-step flower set from Stampin' Up. My cardbase is textured watercolor paper; I used an edge-distresser to give the right-hand edges a faux-Fabriano look. The font combined with the bird image gives this a sort of retro 50s feel, don't you think? This would be an easy card to mass-produce, and it's nice and flat for mailing!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: We R Memory Keepers "2 Step Robin" (Vintage Blue collection), Martha Stewart (sentiment); Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Ink It Up! pigment (red); Paper: watercolor; Accessories: edge distresser

8 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is gorgeous! I love how clean and simple it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOVE this CAS card--love that birdie and how beautiful he is! LOVE it:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, how sweet! Lovely card, I love CAS cards. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa - this is such a pretty card. Very clean and simple, lovely colours too!!

    Thanks for your comment on my card!! I love challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card... I think it's great!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The distressed edge is the perfect detail for such a simple image and layout. I remember being enthralled with the whole two-step stamping idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love CAS and I LOVE this card! Thanks for bringing it to The Play Date Cafe Gallery!

    ReplyDelete