Monday, April 18, 2011

Rainbow 3x3 Set

I've been playing around with my Cricut all weekend, and I whipped up this little set of cards, cut from the Sentimentals cartridge at 3". Even though this particular cartridge has a distinct Victorian feel, I love that I was able to use it to create a more modern look.


I took the leftover cut-out hearts, added some stamped script, then swapped them between the cards. I adhered them to the inside of each card by applying glue to the backside of the heart, holding the card closed on a flat surface,  and inserting the heart back into the heart-shaped window for placement. Easy peasy!


I cut an envelope for each card (again using the Sentimentals cartridge - cut at Real Dial Size, 4") from a large kraft shipping envelope (more pliable than kraft cardstock). I assembled the envelopes using super-sticky double-sided tape, and added a strip on the top flap (protective backing left on) to use for sealing the envelope.


The icing on the cake is this adorable little box I made using kraft cardstock and the Wild Card cartridge (cut at 5 1/4"). See how they all fit in there perfectly?


Here's how it looks all put together:


{Love}. I am such a sucker for cute little boxes and bags and such. There's a pillow box on the 2010 Easter cartridge that I've got big plans for...

This set also happens to qualify for the 350 Cards & Gifts Week: The Card Sets Challenge at Moxie Fab World. Head on over and check out the other entries!

Supplies:
Stamps: Teresa Collins "Posh" (script); Ink: SEI chalk "Charcoal"; Cardstock: American Crafts "Tropicals", kraft, kraft shipping envelope; Accessories: Cricut / Sentimentals cartridge / Wild Card cartridge, super-sticky double-sided tape

6 comments:

  1. wow how I just LOVE your cards, I love simple and I love clean! and the box is so cut=)
    Thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog
    Tessan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow, Lisa!!! These cards are adorable and I LOVE that box! The windows on both the cards and especially the box are so fabulous. Now I wish I had a cutting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Modern, and so much fun! Love all those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you're making me feel like I need a Cricut! Love these! That box is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like what you did with these - they would make a really sweet gift. Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbookingdotcom

    ReplyDelete