Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Damask Gift Card Holder

One of the things on my (ever-growing) to-do list of projects has been the gift-card holders from the Cricut Wild Card cartridge. Unfortunately, giftcards aren't as prevalent here in China as they are in America, so that idea has had to simmer on the back burner. That is, until I saw the Gift Card Holder Challenge over at Moxie Fab World. 




I cut the holder from watercolor paper at 4 1/2" (Real Dial Size), and the liner at 3 1/2" (Real Dial Size). After stamping the liner, I scored it horizontally 2 1/2" from the bottom and adhered it to the inside of the holder, lining up the fold of the liner with the fold of the top flap. Next, I assembled the rest of the holder using super-sticky double-sided tape. 




I kept the outside simple, just adding a stamped label attached with foam adhesive. And here's a shot with a gift card inside (okay, I confess, it's actually a food-court swipe card!):




These little holders are super-easy to make with the Cricut. I'll definitely be making a batch of these the next time we're Stateside for Christmas!

(I know my last few posts have been Cricut-heavy, but hubby was starting to wonder if I was ever going to actually use the expensive gadget he got me for Christmas. And I have to say, I've been having lots of fun coming up with ways to incorporate it into my card-making routine!)


Supplies:
Stamps: American Crafts "Letterbox Large Enjoy" (frame/sentiment), Teresa Collins "Posh" (damask); Ink: ColorBox pigment "Rouge", My Mind's Eye "Natural" pigment palette; Cardstock: watercolor paper; Accessories: Cricut / Wild Card cartridge, foam adhesive

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Card Holder Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Thanks so much for your comment on the CAS-ual Fridays blog. We originally chose that font because it was funky and fun, but we did wonder about the caps. We played around today and found a different font that we think still captures the playful vibe we want, but is much easier on the eyes :)
    We will introduce our last Girl Friday tonight, just after midnight EST, so be sure to check it out!
    Hugs!!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete