Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Back! (With Pictures)

My goodness, time sure does fly when you're having fun! Our two-week holiday was over before we knew it. But it sure was fun! The weather was great, we got to spend time with some old friends, and we made some new ones. Even though it seemed like every day was "go, go, go," I left feeling emotionally refreshed and rejuvenated.

One thing I love about Thailand is the artistic creativity that seems to be found everywhere you turn. In Chiang Mai, the Night Bazaar has stall after stall of handcrafted items: cloth-bound journals, leather sandals, paper-shade lanterns, silk pillowcases, embroidered handbags, silver jewelry, wood carvings, paintings... the list goes on and on. There are textiles everywhere. And the colors! Riots of rich jewel tones - it's beautiful. And they do such an excellent job of incorporating "natural" ingredients into their crafts: driftwood, teak, raw silk, mulberry paper... I've compiled a few of my "inspiration pics" below (a couple are blurry, but you can still get the basic idea).

 
paper-shade lanterns

  
see those silk lanterns? lovely!

  
 the pink and purple on either side are panels of silk hung from bars- to die for!

  
 the bright pink lamps - the orange walls - the silk panels - I'm swooning!

  
 dried-vine pendant lamps

  
 natural wood sculpture

{Sigh} Isn't it just gorgeous? It makes me want to give my whole apartment a Thai makeover. I'll share more pics tomorrow!


 

1 comment:

  1. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete