Tuesday, December 27, 2011

MFTT: Stripe-tastic!

This week's Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger features this pic full of stripey goodness: 


I knew I wanted to replicate those bold, graphic stripes, so I rummaged through my stash till I found a long-forgotten stripe stamp. The dress and the styling of the photo seemed very "Anthro" to me, which led me down a creative rabbit-trail that ended with the idea of retro typography as the focal point for my card:


The sentiment was added with my labelmaker. I made this one as a winter holiday card, but by using a different color scheme and changing the words to "you" & "me", this could easily become a Valentine's Day or anniversary card. 

Be sure to stop by Moxie Fab World to check out the rest of the entries!


Supplies:
Stamps: Impression Obsession "Borders"
Ink: Stamp It Up pigment, My Mind's Eye pigment
Accessories: Cricut / Cake Basics cartridge, Dymo Labelmaker, black label tape, small corner rounder punch, foam adhesive

5 comments:

  1. I smell a winner...excellent design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Love the negative image and you can't beat a 'label maker' sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete