Friday, August 5, 2011

Fun With Letters

Hubby and I caught an early matinee yesterday - 3D glasses, popcorn, cokes, the works. Such a fun date! China only allows about 20 foreign films to be shown per year, so seeing an American movie in the theater is a rare treat for us.

On the creative front, lately my eye has been drawn to creative typography - in subway art posters, stationery, print ads, etc. I got an idea in my head, and came up with this fun little reusable mask, perfectly sized for an A2 cardfront:


Which I then used to make this:


I sponged inside the mask using a seafoam green ink, then stamped the letters in red. I think this would also look cool with polka dots, or chevron stripes, even woodgrain - so many possibilities!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Sassafras Lass "Songwriter"; Ink: My Mind's Eye "Natural" pigment palette, Stamp It Up! pigment (red); Accessories: Cricut / Design Studio / Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art cartridge, small corner rounder punch

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving this masked card! What movie did you see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer - it was the final Harry Potter movie : ). We had to wait till the 4th for them to release it here in China!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Love this! Gorgeous style you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab design and colour combo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete