Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Paper Crafts March 2011 Gallery Challenge

I've got just enough time to squeeze this in before the challenge deadline. I wanted to make a nice, neutral baby card that could work for either a boy or a girl (great to make ahead and keep in your stash),something a little fresh and not too cutesy. Here's the result:




I gave the little eggs a touch of color using a watercolor pencil and a blender pen (lay down colored pencil first, using appropriate shading, then use blender pen to even out and blend color). The rest is just some simple Cuttlebugging and foam tape between layers for texture and dimension. I think this card would also look great in a pale, pale yellow, or celery, or light periwinkle... What do you guys think?

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Studio G; Ink: SEI chalk (Cocoa), ColorBox Pigment (Chestnut); Accessories: Cuttlebug / Rectangle Nestabilities / Forest Branches embossing folder, watercolor pencils, blender pen, foam dimensional tape

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a winner! So cute! And it would be adorable in the other colors you've mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh...I love it...how are ya?!!! Glad to see you posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'm so happy to see you creating again! This is amazing and I agree with Karen that you might be a winner with this. I must get my hands on that embossing folder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I really like the way you colored the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card,the embossing looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete