Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins!



The days here have turned deliciously chilly, the kind of weather that simply must be accompanied by lots of hot coffee and pumpkin bread. I broke out the can of Libby's pumpkin puree I've been hoarding since my last trip to Hong Kong; oh my, was it ever worth it! (Fun Fact: Over 80% of the world's pumpkin is canned at a factory 10 miles away from my Illinois hometown!) 

Continuing with the pumpkin theme, I came up with this fun little trio of cards. The jack'o'lantern stamps are all from last year's Studio G fall release; I combined them with some SEI polka dot stamps and an Ellison tag die to create my own little Halloween tags. Here's a closeup of card #1:



Card 1 Supplies:
Stamps: Studio G (pumpkins, sentiment), SEI "Mimosa" (polka dots); Ink: black pigment, Brilliance Graphite Black, Ranger Tea Dye distress; Paper: My Mind's Eye; Accessories: Cuttlebug, Swirls embossing folder, Ellison Scallop Tags die, corner rounder punch, Dymo labelmaker, foam dimensionals
 
Card #2:



It's hard to see in this picture, but the black layer under the tag was stamped with small polka dots using black pigment ink. The keyhole shape was created by centering a 2" strip of cardstock inside a circle nestie and cutting.

Card 2 Supplies:
Stamps: Studio G (pumpkin), SEI "Mimosa" (polka dots, small and large); Ink: black pigment, Ranger Tea Dye distress; Paper: My Mind's Eye; Accessories: Cuttlebug, Swirls embossing folder, Ellison Scallop Tags die, Circle Nestabilities, corner rounder punch, foam dimensionals
 
Card #3:



Card 3 Supplies:
Stamps: Studio G (pumpkin), SEI "Mimosa" (polka dots), Making Memories "Spellbound" (sentiment); Ink: black pigment, Ranger Tea Dye distress; Paper: My Mind's Eye; Accessories: Cuttlebug, Swirls embossing folder, Ellison Scallop Tags die, corner rounder punch, foam dimensionals

Even though I used  the same basic supplies for each card, I was able to create three very different looks. So fun!

1 comment:

  1. love your fun trio of cards...love pumpkin bread too:)

    ReplyDelete