Saturday, October 30, 2010

Moxie Fab World: Tuesday Trigger

I may have mentioned, somewhere along the way, that fall is my favorite time of year. The weather, the smells, the decorations, the clothes... oh how I love a soft, cozy sweater! So when I saw that this week's Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World was this gorgeous Anthropologie sweater, you know I had to play along!




The texture caught my eye right away, and I wanted my card to have a similar appeal. I also wanted to amp up the "autumn" feel, as well as the homemade-chic details. A slight tweak of the colors, the felicitous discovery of the PERFECT sentiment, and here we are - all the things I love about fall in paper form:




I had a light-bulb moment by embossing my cardstock with two different embossing folders - first with a Cuttlebug "Herringbone" folder, followed by Quickutz "Rings." I was really pleased with the way it turned out - I was afraid too much of the detail would get flattened by the second embossing, but it held up pretty well! 

The felt leaf was cut using a Cuttlebug 2x2 die, and the window and label were cut with Labels 9 Nesties. I have to say, this has turned out to be one of my favorite fall cards yet!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts "Everyday Sayings;" Ink: SEI "Cocoa" chalk ink, Stampin' Up "Creamy Caramel;" Accessories: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug 2x2 Leaf die, Cuttlebug "Herringbone" embossing folder, Quickutz "Rings" embossing folder, Labels 9 Nestabilities, felt, corner rounder punch, button, embroidery floss, foam dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. ::gasp:: I LOVE this...wow...I smell a winner...seriously, this is absolutely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! adorable! And that sentiment is PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I had to come back to say that embossing with 2 folders is absolute genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Love the double-embossing idea. That's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lisa! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card!!! :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    Have updated my post about the halloween card. If you are interested, do drop by and have a look

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! This hits the mark to a T!!! Love the double embossing, and the sent. IS perfect!! We'll be seeing your name on Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy schmoly, that is one perfect card!!!!! I am just speechless. I cannot wait to try embossing with 2 folders- genius. Absolutely love the warmth, but also the modern vibe. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete