Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Friends

Photobucket

This card is for a special friend who is coming to stay with us for a few days. We met her soon after we first came to China back in 2004, and our friendship has continued to grow ever since. I always love it when friends from out of town come to visit, as it gives us an excuse to get out and do some of the more touristy things that we always seem to put off. It’ll be a week of walking till our feet hurt, shopping, trying new restaurants, and of course lots of pictures. I just hope the rain clears up!

I followed through on my vow to use my Slice more often; I actually used three different design cards for this project (the frame/label, flourish, and flower were all cut with the Slice). I even pulled out my Cuttlebug to emboss the pink frame. And it may be hard to see in the pic, but I added some subtle Versamark stamping to the flourish diecut (it just wasn’t popping enough on its own). It actually all came together pretty quickly; I already had the basic layout in my head, so all I had to do was pick out the papers, cut and assemble. A little Gilmore Girls in the background, and it was quite the relaxing evening!

Speaking of the Slice, have you seen the new design cards they just debuted at CHA? I think my favorites are Vintage Findings and Mix & Mingle. Their designs just keep getting better and better.

Now I’m off to finish tidying up the guest room (which doubles as our office)… I can’t wait till our guest gets here!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: Friends ‘Til the End (Papertrey Ink), Bridgeport (SEI); Ink: My Mind’s Eye pigment (brown), Versamark; Paper: K & Company “Contemporary Papers,” My Mind’s Eye (pink), Georgia Pacific (white); Accessories: Making Memories Slice/Noteworthy/Basics 3/ Just Chillin’ design cards, Cuttlebug/Swiss Dots folder, corner rounder punch, ribbon, rhinestone, dimensionals.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love visitors? Especially good friends! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete