Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Decorating (& a Card)

Hubby and I made a quick trip to Ikea yesterday; I spent the evening putting this together:


They're just two little cheap-y desks (we're talking US$15 each!), but they fit the space perfectly and go with the rest of our dark furniture. Up until now this little nook off of our living room had just been wasted space; I thought it would be nice to make it into a little informal work area. (DH and I have large desks set up in our home office/spare bedroom.) Turns out it's quite cozy!

I also have a quick holiday card to share. This one uses patterned paper from a stack I bought at Hobby Lobby a couple of years ago:


I just love how bright and cheery the paper is. I ended up going with a tall & skinny design; the finished size is 3 1/2 x 8". The letters were cut from dollar store adhesive fun foam with a Cuttlebug alphabet - it slices right through, easy as pie. Makes me wish I had more alphabet dies!

Well, off to finish dinner. We're having curry tonight! Yummo!

Card Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Hobby Lobby "Christmas 2008;" Accessories: adhesive craft foam, Cuttlebug / Red Tag Sale alphabet / circle Nestabilities / Herringbone embossing folder, corner rounder punch, button, foam dimensionals

1 comment: