Friday, July 2, 2010

Stars & Stripes Forever



I can't believe it's already July! Time is just whizzing by. It's this time of year that Seth and I inevitably feel a smidgen of homesickness, thinking about all the barbecues and fireworks displays and lake parties with friends we'll be missing out on. My mother-in-law makes this to-die-for potato salad that goes perfectly with a nice piece of bbq chicken breast... My mouth is watering just thinking about it! 

In honor of this weekend's holiday, I broke out a new mini stamp set from We R Memory Keepers. I stamped the flag once in red, then again in blue, and paper pieced it all together. A toothpick made the perfect flag pole, and some Nesties embossing finished it up nicely (technique described here). It's a very simple design (I didn't even add a sentiment), but I like how it makes the flag pop.

To all my American friends out there, I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Card Supplies:
Stamps: We R Memory Keepers "Old Glory;" Ink: Ink It Up!; Accessories: Cuttlebug, rectangle Nestabilities, toothpick, foam dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Another gorgeous card, Lisa! I love the frame you embossed around the flag.

    ReplyDelete