Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Feathering Our Nest



This little guy followed me home from Thailand. I found him peering out at me from a little stall filled with an assortment of pottery - it was love at first sight. 

Lately I've been feeling the urge to make more of an effort with our apartment. In less than 3 months, we'll pass the one-year mark - the longest we've lived in any one place in our 13 years of marriage. So far I've been reticent to do any major decorating - let's face it, usually about this time we'd be gearing up for yet another move - the less "tear-down" we have to do, the better. Paint the walls? Change out all the beige curtains for something more colorful? If we're only going to enjoy the benefits for a year (or less), why put money like that into something we can't take with us (when there are craft supplies and purses and shoes to buy)? But now I think I'm finally ready to commit. To commit to a real color scheme - with paint and curtains and even pillow covers. I want to buy a big piece of artwork, not just the little pictures that are easily packed. I'm tired of the cheap, it'll-do-for-the-next-nine-months-and-then-we-can-always-toss-it kind of decorating we've been relegated to. And you know what, I think I'm finally going to change out our light fixtures - because this is most definitely NOT my style:



What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment